Photography Contest - Odisha Through Your Lens
The Department of Tourism is holding a photography contest with the overarching theme of "Odisha through Your Lens".
- Entry Date : 11th Sept'20
- Last Date : 20th Sept'20, (5:00 PM IST)
- Declaration of Winners - 27th Sept'20 (World Tourism Day)
The photo contest is organised by the Department of Tourism with the purpose to bring forth the beauty of Odisha to the discerning traveler.
The contest will be launched and promoted through the Departments website - www.odishatourism.gov.in and social media platforms. The winning photos will
be displayed in the website and featured prominently in the Odisha Tourism social media handles.
The photograph's must be around the following themes.
- Beaches, Water Bodies - Rivers, Lakes & Waterfalls of Odisha
- Wildlife in Odisha
- Urban Odisha
- Rural life, Tribal Life and Habitat in Odisha
- Temples and Monuments of Odisha
- Traditional Art, Culture & Craft, Classical and Folk Dances of Odisha
- Landscape / Mountains of Odisha
These photos are expected to inspire travelers to explore and unearth the hidden treasures (both natural and historical) of India's Best Kept Secret.
The contest is open to professional and amateur photographers, who are above 18 years of age and
all nationality except citizens of Islamic Republic of Pakistan and People's Republic of China.
The judges of the contest, contest organizers, contest sponsors, and their respective
family members are not eligible to participate.
- Photos must be relevant to the contest's theme
- A participant can submit one photo in digital and JPEG format for each Theme
- Three Best photos will be selected under each theme
- Photos must not be digitally manipulated in any way except for resizing and cropping.
- Image files must be between 3 and 5 megabytes,
with at least 1,600 pixels in dimension.
In the event that your submission is selected as a finalist or winner, you will be asked to submit
high resolution images for printing and display, and if applicable, RAW images to check if
adjustments made to the image comply with the contest's rules.
- The Jury reserves the right to allow or cancel an application.
- Each photo must include the following information: Title, date shot,
location and caption (maximum 100 words in English), explaining what the picture portrays.
- Photos taken before 1 January 2020 will not be considered
- Photos that have won awards or placed in other photography contests or
have been published previously will be disqualified
- The photographer must be the sole author of the entries and hold
all intellectual property rights to them
- The photographer must have received permission from the subject(s)
in the submitted photos, agreeing that the images will be submitted to the Odisha
Tourism photo contest and that the images may be used or published by the Department of Tourism.
- When entering the contest, the photographer agrees to the contest's terms and conditions.
- The photographer must submit the photos on the official Odisha tourism portal using the
- When sending the photos, the photographer must attach a valid ID, proving your nationality, country of residence and occupation.
Three images will be selected from each Theme based on jury's decision. Each individual can win only one prize or prize package.
- 1st Prize - 2 Nights 3 Days for 2 persons on a OTDC or Ecotour Nature Camp of the Winning Contestant's choice
- 2nd Prize - 1 night 2 Days for 2 persons on a OTDC or Ecotour Nature Camp of the Runner-up Contestant's choice for 2 persons
- 3rd Prize - Gift Vouchers worth Rs.3000 /- (Rupees Three Thousand Only) from either OTDC/Utkalika/TIDDCOL/Boyanika
Winning images will be featured in the Odisha Tourism Website & Social Media Handles and may also be featured in Department's visual products.
Terms & Conditions
- The Winner & Runner-up contestants will have to avail the OTDC and Ecotour Nature Camp stays between 1st October'20-30th November'20.
- The bookings at OTDC and Ecotour Nature Camps will be subject to availability
- For the Second Runner-up, the Gift vouchers have to be availed between 1st October'20 - 30th November'20
- The Department of Tourism can issue gift vouchers of any of the mentioned entities to the 2nd Runner-up.
Contest Deadline and Extension
Photos will be accepted until 17:00 HRS (local time) on Sunday, 20 September 2020. All photos received thereafter will be disqualified. If deemed necessary, the Department of Tourism reserves the right to extend the deadline of the contest for a reasonable period.
Deadline for Determination of Winning Candidates: Evaluation of the photos will start from 20th September'20, 5:00 pm onwards. The winners will be declared on 27th September'20. The Department reserves the right to extend the deadline and declaration date if it deems so.
Terms & Conditions
- The photographer declares that the submitted photos were taken by himself/herself and guarantees that he/she holds all intellectual property rights
- The photographer declares that he/she has received permission from the subject(s) appearing in the photographs, agreeing that the images will be submitted to the Department's photo contest and that the images may be used or published by the Department of Tourism.
- If the photographer is selected as a finalist or winner, he/she will submit high resolution images for printing and display, and If applicable, RAW images to check if adjustments made to the image comply with the contest's requirements
- The photographer declares that the submitted photos have not been digitally manipulated. Only cropping and resizingis allowed, manipulating images such as adding, removing or moving people, animals, plants or other objects in the photos is strictly prohibited.
- Recognition of the winning images and finalists will be widely exposed through the Odisha Tourism website, social media platforms, media and non-media channels, and other informational materials
- The Department of Tourism accepts no responsibility for technical or other disturbances that may interrupt the submission of photos
- The photographer shall comply with other terms and conditions of the Department of Tourism photo contest. The Department reserves the right to exclude photos from the contest if the photographer breaches the contest's terms and conditions.
- The photographer retains all copyrights to their photos and agrees to grant the Department of Tourism a free of charge, non-exclusive, and license to use, reproduce, modify, display, publish, distribute and disseminate of the winning images, whether or not combined with other photos, text and graphics, for awareness raising, information sharing, reporting, training and education, editorial, and other promotional purpose
- The Department of Tourism is entitled to use the winning photos on the internet of any suitable medium and in its publications, such as reports, magazines, newsletters, calendars, postcards or any other suitable promotional materials, but has no obligation to do so.